Selected Awards & Honors
- 2017-2018 | ANS Fuel Cycle & Waste Management Division John D. Randall Graduate Scholarship
- 2016-2017 | Roy G. Post Foundation Scholarship
- 2016-2017 | Edith and Harry Darby Leadership Award
- 2015-2017 | DOE Nuclear Energy University Program Scholarship
- 2015-2017 | Nuclear Regulatory Commission Scholarship
- 2015-2017 | ANS Decommissioning, Decontamination & Reutilization Division Undergradaute Scholarship
- 2014-2016 | National Academy for Nuclear Training Scholarship
Systems Design & Analysis Intern | Summer 2017
- Developed MCNP decks for nuclear thermal rockets
- Completed the Dr. G. Robert Keepin Nonproliferation Summer School
- Created and taught a primer on nuclear engineering for students without a background in nuclear science and engineering
Fuels Modeling & Simulation Intern | Summer 2016
- Developed and ran fuel simulations using the BISON fuel performance code.
- Validated the code with Pellet Clad Mechanical Interaction (PCMI) data from the Halden Research Reactor.
- Took a short course on C++ and well as Neutron Transport Theory.
University of Illinois
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
- Lead TA for ENG 100: Orientation to Engineering
- TA for NPRE 100: Orientation to Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering
- TA for NPRE 101: Introduction to Energy Sources
Reactor Engineering Intern | Summer 2015
- Developed communication tools to convey Reactivity Management (RM) concepts to 700+ plant employees. Tools included a quarterly newsletter, RM system of the week, and RM awareness posters around the site.
- Verified Special Nuclear Material Inventory and bundle orientations for all spent fuel (and radioactive sources) at the site.
- Created a database which houses information about all fuel that has failed within the entire lifetime of Exelon's 23 nuclear reactors.
- Aided Exelon employees in various projects including accumulating data on cycle burnups for 4 of Exelon's reactors, and verifying fuel moves at the Zion reactor, which is currently being decommissioned.